Tuesday 21 February 2012

My 2012 Project

In 2011, I was all about buying a lot of new products, trying them, finding favourites and then buying again.  Even though my collection was not that big compared to other beauty bloggers' stashes, I started feeling guilty of spending money on products and not using all of them. So this year, 2012, one of my new year resolutions was to start a project which has as its main idea to use up the products I've already got and ban myself from buying stuff.

Certainly, it will take a lot of time to use up all of them, but I'm quite excited to see how it goes.
An important thing while on this project is to save the used bottles and tubes to see how many products you've used up in a whole year.
I saved myself a box and wrapped it with pink paper and I just keep it under my desk so that it doesn't get in the way.
I started the project this January, but it's never too late to start. So take a shoe box,an Asos box,anything will do and try for yourself.

The only products I purchase while being on this project are the basics like creams, toners and mascaras.
Also this project helps me bring you, my readers, a more in depth and honest review of the products I've got and love.

This is The Box (as you can all see I'm not really good at wrapping ha)
How I'm doing so far: I've used up four products (a toner, a shampoo, a conditioner and a body butter)
The products were all really great and did their job to my expectation (I even changed my mind on the Body Shop body butter, it is actually really good. However, the smell gets quite sickening when you are almost done with the butter.)

So, here you go a solution for those who have got a lot of products and are never using them or a solution to save some money for that summer holiday you're dreaming of :)
Focusonthequiet,
          xx
  


No comments:

Post a Comment