Thursday 29 March 2012

March Favourites

This month was quite plain in terms of make up products. As I'm on a spending ban, I'm trying to use up the products I already have.
But, no doubt, all the products mentioned in this blog post are favourites even if these aren't new. I've rediscovered some of them for some time now and I've been using them constantly.
The Real Techniques Buffing Brush. If you've read my review on this set of brushes you know that this particular brush is my favourite from the Core Collection. I use it to apply my foundation every single day and I still love it. I am really impressed by the finish that it gives me and the fact that it blends my foundation really really well.

 The Maxfactor Xperience Foundation in Light Ivory. I started loving this foundation the day I applied it with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I know it may sound too weird but when I was applying it with my fingers it was kind of 'slippery' and didn't blend into my skin too well. Now that I know how to apply it, it is really great. And even though I have quite dry skin, it doesn't gather around my dry areas. I also love that it has SPF 10.
 Estee Lauder Lipstick in Blushing This is a lipstick that I can wear every single day, with any kind of look. As I said before in one of my posts, for me it is a 'my lips but better' type of colour. I know that every desktop display will show the lipstick swatch differently but it is a settled nudish-pink colour. It is definitely not bright or heavy to wear for daytime.

Soap & Glory Bright Here Bright Now. This is a product I love but I somehow always forget about. This month I placed it with my other every day products so I can have more use of it. It is a luminising moisturiser that you can apply before your foundation or mix together with it. It is really great for dull or tired skin, as it instantly brightens it. 

 It is transparent when you blend it into skin, so don't worry about having a 'white face'.
 As you can see in the picture below it has shiny bits that help make your skin look more luminous. You can't see them after you apply foundation as these are too small and they sink into your skin, but the result is a more brighter and 'alive' complexion.
I definitely wouldn't recommend this product to oily skin tones or those who love a matte face.

Thanks for stopping by,
Focus on the Quiet
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment