Wednesday 21 March 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection Brush Set

Lately, these Real Techniques brushes have been reviewed by almost every beauty blogger I follow.
And since there were so many positive reviews, I knew I had to get them. I needed more brushes in my collection and it was good value for money, too.

This Core Collection and some others were released by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo, who is a professional make up artist. She and her sister, Nicola(also a make-up artist), film youtube videos. They do make up tutorials, teaching every step of a make up look and what products you need, to achieve it. Take a look at their channel, I promise you won't get bored http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo/videos .
I've been subscribed to their channel for more than 2 years now, so you can imagine I was quite excited to get and try these brushes myself.

Let's take a look at them:

The Core Collection consists of 4 brushes and a brush case.

The Contour Brush:
 Even though it is a contour brush, I prefer to use it a blush brush. Because it is quite small, it gives me more control and I can apply my blush with more precision.
But feel free to use the brush with a contouring powder or bronzer to define your cheekbones or your nose.

The Pointed Foundation Brush:

To be honest with you, I've used this particular brush just once and I didn't like it. The shape of the brush isn't the best for blending the foundation into your skin. This is my least favourite brush from the set and I will have to experiment with it more, maybe I find another meaning for it.

And now on to my favourite brushes from the set- Buffing Brush and Detailer Brush. These are the two brushes I use every single day.
I use the Buffing brush to apply my liquid foundation and the Detailer brush for my concealer.
The Buffing brush is really dense and soft that is why it is perfect for liquid foundation. I blend my foundation using circular motions and it gives me the perfect coverage and finish.

Before I started using the detailer brush, my concealer was always somehow gathering around my spots and it  didn't last at all on my skin. After I started applying my concealer with a brush, it somehow covers the areas better and lasts until I want it to last on my skin. Probably, because it is so small it gets the bits of my skin that I can't reach with my finger.

So, I definitely recommend the set and even more if you are a beginner into all things make up. The brushes are of great quality and they are quite affordable. The set is also great for travelling.
I got the set in Boots for £21.99.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/FocusonIana

No comments:

Post a Comment